Monday, September 13, 2010

day 8 blog challenge!

Day 8 – A song to match your mood.


This is a tough one for me. I love music so very much that it is often hard for me to choose one song, or one band, or one singer.  So, I will try, but i cant guarentee that it will be exactly a song to match my mood today, it may be for this entire week. On wedesday, my husband and I will have been married for 3 years! I cant believe its been that lonnng! We are leaving wed. nite for our anni trip, and returning on sunday. I am so excited to be getting away for a little, that i can hardly work today! im sure tomorrow and part of my work day wed will be that way as well! my job has been kind of stressful lately and i am silently re-evaluating wheather or not my job should be my career. that combined with the excitment of traveling soon, and the after excitment of spending the entire weekend with my favorite besties,  my song that matches my mood will have to be:

Miranda Lambert- Gypsy from the Revolution CD (as some of you may not, and probably dont, know this song...here are the lyrics!)

Sometimes I wish I lived in an Airstream

Homemade curtains, lived just like a gypsy

Break a heart, roll out of town

‘Cause gypsies never get tied down



Sometimes I wish I lived on a mountain

Drank from a stream instead of a fountain

I’d stay there, top of the world

But I was born a red dirt girl



Unbridled or tethered and tied

The safety of the fence or the danger of the ride

I’ll always be unsatisfied



Sometimes I wish I lived by a pier

In a lighthouse with a chandelier

I’d watch everybody’s ships come in

And then I’d sail away with them



Unanchored in the storm

Or safely on the shore

If this is all I need, why do I want more



Sometimes I wish I lived in an airstream

Homemade curtains, lived just like a gypsy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! I am excited to hear from you!! please leave all comments below and i will comment back asap!!