Saturday, September 25, 2010

turtleneck, dress for less, re-creations!!!!!

As promised from before, here are a few of my favorite turtleneck looks from this fall's trends, for less! And, p.s., because of the dress for less deal, i cannot promise that any of these looks will be designer, or something you can purchase from a mall. Living in an extremely small town/county/and even tri-county area, I am forced to shop at places i vowed never to shop at! But, its ok, i have come to terms with it, and actually enjoy my little shopping adventures at these "forbidden places." (as i used to call them in my more younger, naive days!) So, I hope you enjoy!!!



I love love kate beckinsale and have decided to re-create this look, in addition to my other fall faves! Here, she is wearing a forever 21 ruffled leather moto jacket, black turtleneck, gray mini-skirt and black tights. I am going to re-create with different shoes. Here white heels are a no for me. I would rather have seen some gray or black. The white sticks out to much for my taste and takes away from the rest of the chic outfit!

Here is my look for less!

Faux Leather Ruffle Jacket

Juniors Knit Bandage Skirt


Jacket: wet seal-$27.99, Skirt-$10.00-walmart.com, Turtleneck-Belk $21.00, Shoes-$20.00- kmart. Not pictured-black tights (these can be found at walmart, target, and kmart for less than $10)

I know that this jacket is a little pricey, something I try not to buy a lot of. It is good to find 2-3 accent jackets that you know will look good with most of your outfits. That way, you aren't spending a ton, and having 10 or more different jackets! This one can be worn with jeans, skirts, leggings, and any other combo you can think of! It is very versatile!




****Looks from my previous blog!!! Turtleneck combos!****

Look #2 :

Charmeuse Zebra Skirt
 This $18.99 skirt with the black turtleneck from above, tucked in, will  look great! Pair them with black boots or heels that you already have, and some tights or leggings! for the fringed belt look, find a black scarf and tie it loosely around the waist!



Look #1:



Simply Vera Vera Wang Brushstroke Skirt                    axcess Pointelle Ribbed Turtleneck SweaterApt. 9 Opaque Microfiber Control-Top Tights


Candie's Prom Platform Dress Sandals
This entire outfit comes from Kohl's....Total cost is $70. This is a little more in cost than I would like, but the shoes were awesome and almost exactly like the runway ones! (only$40) You could also find a gray turtlneck for cheap and wear it with this outfit! I am trying to stick with the same one as much as possible!


Hope you like my re-creations! I have decided, because of this post, to do a "must have this in your closet" post soon. There are soooo very many things that I have in my closet that are used in many of my outfits. I know wearing the same thing 100 times sucks sometimes, but when you are dressing for less, repition is cheap and handy! Besides, only you know how many times you really wear it! When you dont wear it the same way, with the same thing everytime, no one ever notices!


Until next time.....Do your best, to dress for less!!!!! :)



1 comment:

  1. I have the same jacket from wet seal, but it was only $20 when I purchased it online. I really like the black on black look :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! I am excited to hear from you!! please leave all comments below and i will comment back asap!!